Oftentimes, you might hear people say that living in a condominium is like living in an apartment building. While that holds true for some things, it’s decidedly different in many other ways.
Similarities to living in an apartment
- Your neighbors are close and, at times, you will hear them
- There is someone to call when you see a problem on the grounds
- Courtesy and politeness is encouraged between residents
- Monthly payments are required for regular upkeep
Differences from living in an apartment
- Since most residents are also owners, there is a higher level of concern and care for living environments.
- Any issues happening within your walls are under your control and you are empowered to take immediate action.
- You would be one of many voices who have a direct say in the happenings of the building.
These are just a few of the considerations when thinking about life in a condominium.